EG explores our most creative enterprises, by engaging a gifted mix of people — from rising stars to living national treasures, the people who attend EG are among the most industrious and iconoclastic talents of our time.
The art/tech/math/science integration has me pondering my future... A life-changing event.
Show & Tell for geniuses.
Hardly a day has passed in all these months that I haven’t thought about something that happened at EG.
I thought it was so great I want to attend every one.
Absolutely amazing. The most wonderful event I’ve ever attended.
It was great. The best. “An Institute for Advanced Study” for the rest of us.
We will continue announcing EG 2020's presenters leading up to the event.
Join our mailing list to be the first to receive announcements.
The conference will be held at the gorgeous Sunset Center, in Carmel-by-the Sea, CA.
WHAT TO DO IN CARMEL & ENVIRONS
Carmel is one of California’s loveliest oceanside towns: dramatic views, pristine beaches, and a charming town bubbling with artful and gastronomic pleasures. April brings perfect spring weather, and numerous boutique hotels are within a pleasant stroll of the Sunset Center
In and Around
- Carmel Mission: considered to be one of the most beautiful missions established by Father Serra (who is buried here).
- Carmel Beach: dog friendly & leash-free, there are 1.5 miles of white sand waiting for you.
- Point lobos State Natural Reserve: Point Lobos State Natural Reserve: a rocky outcrop in the Pacific, with lush kelp forests, great coves and tide pools, and nice trails.
- The Gorgeous 17-Mile Drive
- Monterey: Fisherman’s Wharf, Cannery Row, and the most beautiful aquarium in the world (built by Julie Packard who spoke at EG5).
- Breathtaking Big Sur
- Santa Cruz and its seaside boardwalk
- Ano Nuevo (full of elephant seal moms & pups in April)
EG runs from Thursday, April 29 to Saturday, May 2
Most folks arrive Thursday and leave Sunday to maximize time with EG community friends new and old, as well as enjoying time in beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea. You will not want to miss a single session and people find it invaluable to include time to decompress before the journey home.
MRY / Monterey Peninsula Airport: Just 8 miles — 15 minutes by taxi to downtown Carmel.
SFO / San Francisco International Airport: a scenic 2h drive (depending on traffic).
SJC / San Jose Airport: about 90m to downtown Carmel.
EG 2020 Carmel Lodging
Carmel hotel rooms are being held for arrival Wednesday April 29 departing Sunday May 3 to comfortably coordinate with EG.
A variety of hotels are offered to suit your individual style with some hotels giving an EG group discount.
People will want to attend every amazing EG session, plus spend time enjoying beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea!
EG Hotels Request Form
Economy Inns and Historic Hotels
$235 to $325 per night, plus taxes
Deluxe Boutique Inns and Hotels
Carmel-by-the-Sea/ Carmel Proper
$335 to $475 per night, plus taxes
Luxury Full Service Hotels and Resorts
Carmel-by-the-Sea/ Carmel Proper/ Pebble Beach/ Carmel Valley
$495 to $850 per night, plus taxes and hotel fees